Friday, September 19, 2008

Bedtime Musings

Friendship Lost
Bedtime Musings:Between working full time outside of the home AND full time inside of the home, the only way I'll get back to blogging full time is to do it after bedtime, every night. This will allow me to re-cap the day. He goes to bed between 630 and 700 but he's taking a late nap right now so here I write...

I need to discuss a semi-recurring dream I have. I had a best friend in high school. We were friends from 9th grade until..well I'm not exactly sure when it all dissolved but we no longer speak....as in the passive aggressive she won't add me as a friend on myspace or facebook kind of we no longer speak........

She appears in my dreams like once a month. Dreams are your brain processing events, thinking about events, or wishing for events. And all of those are covered here. Last night....and I sit here at 5pm and it's still vivid...We ran in to each other at the grocery store. Her friend told me that after what her uncle told her she couldn't be my friend.

I was confused. Probably because I'm not sure I've ever met an uncle and...quite frankly...I don't know what I did that was so horrible at the age of 17, 18, or 19 that at the age of 25 she can't say hi, or congratulate me on my new family, or let me congratulate her on her successes.

My parents see her parents and exchange pleasantries but that's about it....I just needed to get that off of my chest.

No comments: