Monday, October 18, 2010

And the years go by...

Paige and Aiden turned 1 (ONE!) on 10/5/10.....ONE!

Dear Paige and Aiden,

Thank you, truly, for turning my life inside out in the most magical way possible over the last year. I'm so glad you decided to join our lives at the same time, and not a couple of years apart as your father and I originally planned.

Thank you for being good nursers. You saved us an obscene amount of time and money, and you taught me that my body can do ANYTHING I tell it to do. I'm going to use that sentiment to lose the rest of the weight I need to lose that your brother put on my body when I was pregnant with him ;)

Paige- (Paigeygirl) Thanks for being the sweetest little girl I never knew I wanted. I joke that even though you were 'Baby A' I think you were truly the bonus. God knew we wanted 2 boys, but threw you in as a "see, they're not so bad..." Thank you for being tiny and having gorgeous eyes with long eye lashes- you're 100% girl. Thank you for being a fabulous napper and nighttime sleeper. Feel free to pass these traits on to your younger brother :) However, I wouldn't be hurt if you ceased your random shrill shriek-scream combination that you use when you're happy, mad, sad, hungry, tired......

Aiden- (Aideybum) Thanks for being the cuddly little boy that your older brother has grown out of. Thank you for being the quiet one...Mommy needs a quiet one most days of the week. We could work on your sleep, but you're toothy smile makes it hard to be irritated when you wake up at 5:00am. I'm glad we have those private, quiet moments together. Promise you'll always be my cuddle-bum...until it's culturally inappropriate ;)

Ok you two, as you start to walk, and undoubtedly run, this year, PLEAAAASE take it easy on me, and on Quinn...Yes, Quinn..the blond freak that chases you around..you'll be able to tag team him, and it just won't be pretty :)

Love you guys!

Mom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blond freak...nice...wait until they start posting kiddiaries...you are so screwed!

Dear Mom...Thanks for letting me choke...choke on rolls in public places and screws in my own damn bedroom...you wonder why I am a freak!!

Love, Quinn

Dear Mom...I thought the whole getting up early thing was fair since you allowed the doctor to remove me before I was ready just because my bossy sister decided it was time to come out. I am quiet only because I am plotting to take over the world!!!

Dear Mom...I am glad you noticed those eyes and eye lashes...they will get me a long way in life...Daddy will always say yes...yes to the $500.00 prom dress I want, yes to giving me the car keys and making the boys walk, yes to letting me stay out past your stupid curfew and yes to any other random demand I have because I am Daddy's little princess. As far as my brothers go...I will always rule their world and they will do my bidding...they don't like the shrieking anymore than you do!!!

Just you wait Andrea...just you wait....Auntie may have to help them write some things actually...
*insert evil laugh here*